If you work with media files in your day to day, you may find yourself repeating routine tasks, like resizing images, converting files into different formats, extracting frames from a video, or creating video from images.
At Cosmos, we're working with media files everyday and found ourselves writing out the same FFmpeg and ImageMagick commands so many times.
To spare ourselves the time, we put together Pluto, a library of scripts to speed up media editing workflows. As of today, we use Pluto to:
- Convert a PDF into a video slideshow
- Convert videos to GIFs
- Convert video files into MP4 format
- Convert JPEGs to WebP
- Edit two videos to play horizontally next to each other
- Resize images for better website performance
- Extract frames from a video to create a thumbnail
Check out the library of media editing scripts and if you've got any routine tasks with media files that you'd like to see automated, I’d love to hear about them. Email me at email@example.com with your thoughts.
Or find Cosmos on X/Twitter.